Dieses Projekt wird in seiner aktuellen Form die Tore bald schließen.
Hier mehr erfahren: Unsere Zukunft innerhalb des WoltLab-Ökosystems
  • Hello,

I don't know if this thread is still active but this is the link that I found at Woltlab.com Plugins. I've 4 questions:

1.- In an earlier post here you said that you'll add the feature "Time duration". As that post was on March I want to know if it's already implemented.

2.- Can the seller sets a price like: 50 Euros for 12 months and then 25 Euros renewal for another 12 months. This is the solution that most coders/designers are selling their products.

3.- If I understood well all payments are made to site owner and by the end of each month he is paying the sellers minus the commission. I know that 99% of scripts work this way (even mine for vBulletin) but finally I realised that is not the correct approach (I really had bad experinace on it). PayPal can accept charge back requests from MC/Visa for 180 days (6months) after the payment. Not only this but PayPal debits in sellers account $200 for "investigation" fees. To make the long story short, for a sale of $37.50 PayPal debit my account for $237.00. Offcourse the real seller has disappearead so I had earned just $3.50 from 10% commission and I paid $237 :( . The best is all transactions to be made using the real seller's PayPal account.

4.- Is there anyway to have a thread created for each product? This thread can works as support forum, just like IPB Marketplace.

To avod appearing as "rude" or "unsatisfied" user I've to say that for 50 Euros you're selling it, for the current features is already worth of the price.

Thank you
    Christos

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.- In an earlier post here you said that you'll add the feature "Time duration". As that post was on March I want to know if it's already implemented.

It will be part of a future release but is not part of the initial release 1.0.

2.- Can the seller sets a price like: 50 Euros for 12 months and then 25 Euros renewal for another 12 months. This is the solution that most coders/designers are selling their products.

At the moment, no. Maybe it will be part of a future release. :)

3.- If I understood well all payments are made to site owner and by the end of each month he is paying the sellers minus the commission. I know that 99% of scripts work this way (even mine for vBulletin) but finally I realised that is not the correct approach (I really had bad experinace on it). PayPal can accept charge back requests from MC/Visa for 180 days (6months) after the payment. Not only this but PayPal debits in sellers account $200 for "investigation" fees. To make the long story short, for a sale of $37.50 PayPal debit my account for $237.00. Offcourse the real seller has disappearead so I had earned just $3.50 from 10% commission and I paid $237 :( . The best is all transactions to be made using the real seller's PayPal account.

You understood correctly.
    The problem with using the real sellers account is that the shop administrator has no guarantee that he gets his commission for administrating the shop. Additionally: As long as you can prove that you the customer has access to the purcased product, you will not debit by PayPal. As long as you're using the shop for digital products, you can easily take screenshots with the features of the customer area, which shows that the customer has access to the product.

4.- Is there anyway to have a thread created for each product? This thread can works as support forum, just like IPB Marketplace.

It is planned as additional plugin.

• It will be part of a future release but is not part of the initial release 1.0.

At the moment, no. Maybe it will be part of a future release. :)

You understood correctly.
    The problem with using the real sellers account is that the shop administrator has no guarantee that he gets his commission for administrating the shop. Additionally: As long as you can prove that you the customer has access to the purcased product, you will not debit by PayPal. As long as you're using the shop for digital products, you can easily take screenshots with the features of the customer area, which shows that the customer has access to the product.

It is planned as additional plugin.

First of all, thank you for your all explanations. I'll try to figure out if the current features are ok for starting my site. As for chargebacks, sorry but I don't agree. I'm using PayPal for selling scripts since 1998 and I can say that I know well the "black holes". Maybe I was not so clear in my text. There are 2 types of chargeback. What you said is correct if a user posts a claim directly to PayPal. In this case there is a choice to win the case, but even if you lost the case the maximum is that PayPal will reduce just the amount of the script. The bad case is when the customer does not issues a claim to PayPal but directly to his Visa/MC Bank. In this case (this was mine) PayPal does not even asks you anything. Not even blocks the amount. They're refunding at once the amount to Visa/MC plus $200. To say the true I'm not sure if this $200 is going to PayPal or to the Bank for the paper work. The face is that you're loosing $200 extra. PayPal acts so strong as they don't risk to loose their Visa/MC merchants accounts (like iKobo some years ago) which will be catastrofic for them.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't hear before something like this. Sounds like a weird problem. Maybe you should ask PayPal why they do something like this and how to prevent it in the future.
    However, I don't think it will be implemented the way you want it At the moment, the PayPal payment method is not yet implemented. Let's see what the developer Fighter456 will do. ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

With pleasure I can say that the first beta version of the product shop can be tested on our server from now under following URL:
    https://preview.kittmedia.com/shop/

There is no activation needed for register so that it should be easy and fast for everyone to test.

Bugs, problems and suggestions have to be reported in the following area:
    https://kittblog.com/board/boa…ard113-product-shop-beta/

Legal Notice:
    There is no claim to receive a product in this test area. Furthermore we please you to not transfer any money to us from this test area.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a “small” update:
    The last months we’re still working hard and still do at the moment! We decided to not release a Beta 3, which had already been finished in April but directly add all features we desire to have for version 1.0.0 so that we are able to release a Release Candidate, soon.

The last weeks we’ve made a huge progress by adding an importer for VieCode Customer Area 5.1.x. This is required to update this website to Community Framework 2.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As I said, we were still working on the KittMedia Shop, which will the new name – much shorter and more remarkable. I’m glad to announce the availability of Version 1.0.0 RC 1, which contains (in addition with Beta 3, which has never been released) more than 50 noticeable changes.

The most important ones:

• Warning if customer with given data already exists.
    • New customers will be logged in automatically.
    • The KittMedia Shop comes with an own builtin design, which has an optional redesign of the product list.
    • Description for additional services is now optional.
    • Added Rich Snippets.
    • Improved mobile design.
    • General design improvements.
    • Bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes… ;)

The new version can be tested at the same place:
    https://preview.kittmedia.com/shop/

• Neu erstellte Beiträge unterliegen der Moderation und werden erst sichtbar, wenn sie durch einen Moderator geprüft und freigeschaltet wurden.

Die letzte Antwort auf dieses Thema liegt mehr als 365 Tage zurück. Das Thema ist womöglich bereits veraltet. Bitte erstelle ggf. ein neues Thema.

• :ahahaha:
    • :angry:
    • :arghs:
    • :!:
    • :bear:
    • :D
    • 8|
    • :bomb:
    • :censored:
    • ?(
    • 8)
    • ;(